Friday, August 10, 2012

Get 'er Done!

Some of the packages I received this week--Goodies!
Tophatter is a great auction site for buying all sorts of things.  I've been spending a lot of time, and money, there buying supplies to create my "masterpieces".  Getting packages in the mail can become pretty addictive. Peeking out the window every time you hear a truck pass to see if it's the mail truck.  I've been trying to play it cool so I don't start peeking until after 2pm when I know my mail person passes. 

Even though you know what you ordered it's still a thrill opening those packages to see what came.  I've gotten some REALLY good deals on Tophatter from some great sellers.
What was in those packages? Destash silver beads, memory wire, silver spacer beads,
 animal print jewelry boxes, bronze butterfly pendants, genuine garnet beads and a handy jewelry making tool
I've discovered things that I never knew I needed but now I can't do without them. Great finds that's gotten those creative juices flowing like lava from an impatient volcano.  Like feathers! I never thought about using them in my jewelry making.  But I kept seeing them come up for bid and I couldn't stop thinking about them.  But first I fell for these gorgeous crackle beads.
Then I saw those beautiful green peacock feathers and DING! I HATCHED A VISION!

What a rush! New ideas floating around in this octogan brain.  Only problem is, once the ideas start flowing my ability to fall asleep gets weaker.  But I know what I have to do...I have to set my visions free! That means I have to stop shopping and start working. I gotta "get 'er done!".  The Shakerag Arts & Crafts festival is only about 32 days away now. I want to blow the people away with new and wonderful designs.  You'll know on Monday if I've set my visions free.  I'll share pictures!

Until Monday, everyone have a wonderful weekend and those of us who have work to do, "GET 'ER DONE!".

Peace be the journey,

Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Oooh You have been busy :) I found the email you sent with the colors and shape you wanted for your chalkboard labels! I don't know how I missed it! Thanks again for purchasing from me and I just followed your blog! Have a great day!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete